This is REAL bread - freeze dried for a 25+ year shelf life. All cans were sealed in an oxygen/moisture free environment.
- #10 Can (aka Gallon size can)
- 12 Slices per Can
- U.S. Government/Military Surplus
- 25+ year shelf life
- No Refrigeration Required
- July 2023 Production Date
You can expect to get 25+ years out of them in the can - and probably as many as 30 to 40 since there is no water or oxygen in the can to spoil the bread!!!
Preparation: Either eat right out of the can or rehydrate and use like regular bread. To rehydrate the bread, just wet a slice in cold or lukewarm water, pat it dry with a towel, and let it sit for 30 minutes in a sealed container (zip lock bags work great). Then use as a side dish, make toast or use for sandwiches anywhere.
Once opened they will last:
- up to 1 year in a Zip Lock bag with refrigeration once opened but not re-hydrated
- up to 60 days in a zip lock bag without refrigeration once opened, but not re-hydrated.
- up to 5 days in the fridge once they are re-hydrated